Chug-along-chica!

April 24, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesLybi's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

Mesa,AZ,

Apr 04, 2007

Female

Goal Type:

Marathon Finish

Running Accomplishments:

Prs:

1 mile:  6:31

5K:  23:37

Half Marathon: 2:04

My first post-high school 5K, in which I thought I was going to die

The first time I won my age division.  Yippee!

My first half marathon, in which I attack Sasha

The time I beat my high school PR for the 5K (as a 31 year-old mommy of 3!)

My first 5K barefooted

Short-Term Running Goals:

I'm just getting back into running after a long break to have my last child.  I would like to race some 10Ks, a half, and a marathon in the next 2 years.

Long-Term Running Goals:

Be the oldest woman to complete a marathon.  Yea!  But hopefully I will also complete some BEFORE I geezer up, like, before I'm 40 for sure.  I think it would be fun to dress up really strange for marathons, like impersonating celebrities and stuff.  Except I don't really like celebrities, as a rule, so maybe I'll have to stick to the age old question of ninja, or pirate.  I say ninja. *Hyah!*

Personal:

I am happily married to James W (Cool Runnings). We have 3 boys and 1 opinionated little girl.  I love reading and I'm also a news junkie.  I am a stinker.

Favorite Blogs:

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Slow milesFast milesTotal Distance

1.7 miles on the treadmill around 9:45 pace, followed immediately by 2.85 outside at 9:07 pace on average.

I couldn't find any clean shorts today, so I snuck one of James' pairs and headed out. Add that the list of humiliations I am willing to suffer for consistent training (along with underarm chaffage) because they are so big on me I look ridiculously like a mushroom.

1 mile barefooted with my 7 year-old.  I had to run on the asphalt because the trash cans were all out on the sidewalk and I was pushing the double jogging stroller.   Running barefoot on asphalt in Mesa in the summer is...well, let's just call it uncomfortable.  So I put my shoes on to finish up with .65 with my 5 year-old. 

Night Sleep Time: 0.00Nap Time: 0.00Total Sleep Time: 0.00
Comments
From Shauna on Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 16:32:09

Hey, at least you wore clean shorts! Sometimes my husband will just wear the same pair again! Forget I ever said that, because you will probably all meet him at St. George. :-)

Your pace is rockin'! It's been so much fun to watch your dramatic improvements!

From linda10k on Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 20:14:29

Only a dedicated runner would borrow a hubby's shorts that are too big for her.

This morning's situation gives you a good excuse to go buy yourself a few more pair of shorts.

From laura on Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 00:04:29

Ouch. I can't even imagine running on the hot asphalt. Wowza! I'm soooo excited you're coming to CO!!!!!

From James W on Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 00:16:54

Good job of getting in the miles - your average easy pace has been creeping down. I think it's 'cuz your fitness is just continuing to improve. I think you have a very good shot of cracking 23 minutes by the end of this year, if not faster.

From missee on Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 00:59:25

I just got a new running skirt today! I love running in a skirt. Makes me feel beautiful and fast!!!!

From marion on Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 17:48:21

BArefoot in Mesa! I thought my feet were tough! You deserve a... I dunno, whatever you want! Thanks for the well wishes. Maybe barefoot would help my feet. I never ware shoes, except to run anyway ;)

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Lone Faithfuls
(need a comment):
Recent Comments: